Sunday, April 29, 2012

Scammed!

I recently began buying and selling products on eBay. The first product I listed happened to be a 3rd Generation Apple iPod Nano. It was also the first product of mine that I ended up "selling", or so I thought I did.

The buyer purchased the item and did not submit a payment anytime soon so therefore I decided to contact the buyer about how she would make the payment. She told me that she would pay through PayPal, and so I began to monitor my PayPal account and wait... And wait... And wait...

After a while no payment came into my account, so again I contacted the buyer would told me she had made the payment and to check my email that I should've gotten a email from PayPal about confirmation of the payment. So I checked and there was the email she talked about. It asked me to ship the item to the buyer's desired location. Once I had done that it asked me to send them the tracking number of the package and once I had done that I would be able to access the funds the buyer had paid me with.

It was convincing, so I got everything package and ready to ship. I even went to the post office and paid to ship the item and it was in the hands of the USPS.

Then I sat in the parking lot and I felt a little unsettled about the order so I called PayPal. When I did and I explained to them about what happened throughout the order process. Immediately after I told them they told me I had been being scammed by the buyer and I should get the package back.

So I did, and that was that. Yes I had been scammed but I luckily didn't loss anything.

So be careful when selling on eBay, because you may just get scammed.